Andrea Celletti - Licensed Guide & Driver - Private Guide in FlorenceMember Since 2011
Half Day Tour in Lucca with wine tasting at organic farm in Chianti!
Wine tasting tour in Lucca
Tour Price : euro 330 Duration : 5 hrs (flexible time) Languages: English, Spanish, France, Italian...
Tour Length: 5 hours. Dates: Every season. Departure Point: From your accomodation. Please note that the rate includes a pick-up and drop-off in Florence. Driver can be arranged to pick you from the place you stay in any region within Tuscany. Departure Time: between 8.00-10.00 am or between 1.00-3.00 pm. Days of Week: Everiday.
Note: During this excursion transport will be made in a de-luxe limousine or minivan or motorcoach which offers the maximum comfort, with air-conditioning, large panoramic windows and comfortable seats.
If you are wine lovers we can stop in a beautiful organic farm and enjoy a wine tour (visit the wine cellars) and start a great wine tasting with snack. Lucca The first historical traces of Lucca can be dated back to the Palaeolithic period. Afterwards this area was inhabited by the Ligurians, the Etruscans and in the III century by the Romans. In 180 B.C. it became a Latin colony. This was a period of splendour for the town because of its strategic position: the most important roads of the time, such as the Cassia, the Aurelia and the Clodia, intersected just outside the town.
The geometrical layout of the town and the Roman Forum can be dated back to this period. During the barbaric domination Lucca was the capital of the Longobard reign until the IX century. It became a free Comune in 1162 and in the following centuries it knew a new period of riches and splendour thanks to its banking and manufacturing activities and its trades with the rest of Europe and the East. A lot of beautiful and luxury buildings and towers are still today a sign of the prosperity the town enjoyed in that period. In the first half of the XV century Lucca was ruled by Paolo Guinigi who improved its art and architecture: he had some important works made, such as Palazzo Guinigi and the wonderful sarcophagus of his wife, Ilaria del Carretto, which was made by Jacopo della Quercia.
In the XV and XVI centuries the town fought to maintain its indipendence from the nearby powerful Firenze, so new and stronger town walls were erected. The town changed its urban shape completely, as some old buildings and towers were replaced by new stately mansions with towers along the most important streets of the town. In 1799 Lucca underwent the Napoleon rule which lasted for 12 years.
The town was ruled by Napoleon’s sister Elisa, wife of Felice Baciocchi. They lived in the Palazzo Pubblico in front of which a large square was opened: Piazza Napoleone. After the Congress of Vienna in 1814, Lucca began to be ruled by Parma. In this period the architect Lorenzo Nottolini planned the squares and the quarters of the town and created the picturesque promenade along the town walls.
When in 1847 Lucca became part of the Grand Duchy of Toscana, a period of decay started for the town and ended only with the annexation to the Reign of Italy.
|Tour Price: euro 330|
|Duration: 5 hrs (flexible time)|
|Group Size: 1 to 8 / 9 to 16 / 17 to 24 / 25 to 32/ 33 to 40 /41 to 50|
|Languages: English, Spanish, France, Italian...|
|Tour package includes:|
|Airport Transfer :||NO|
|Tour Transportation (car, van, limo, boat, etc…):||YES|
|Food and Drinks :||NO|
|Other services (fees apply):|
|Attraction tickets (concerts, theater, museum, circus...) :||YES|
|Translation services :||NO|
|Reservations (hotels, restaurants, airline) :||NO|
|Visa support :||NO|
|This tour must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your travel date :||NO|
|Tour groups must include a minimum of 2 passengers :||YES|
|Tour prices are flexible and based on your requirements :||YES|
|This Tour is Kid Friendly :||YES|
- Full day in Pisa and Lucca with wine tasting at organic farm in Chianti!
- Shopping & Wine tour - The Mall Prada & Wine tour at Chianti Castle!
- Half day San Gimignano and Chianti classico wine tour!
- Orientation walking tour and Wine tour in Chianti and San Gimignano
- The Best of Tuscany - Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti with wine tasting & lunch
- Half Day Tour in Lucca with wine tasting at organic farm in Chianti!
- Half day in Pisa with wine tasting at Organic Farm in Chianti!
- All Tuscany in 1 Day - Pisa, Siena, San Gimignano and Chianti
- Wonderful Wine Tour Chianti Classico wine area - at least 2 wine tasting
- Best of Florence with Accademia (David by Michelangelo)
- Best of Florence and guided visit to the Uffizi Gallery!
- Shore excursion from Livorno Port to Pisa and Florence
- Shore excursion to Pisa and Lucca from Livorno Port
- Shore excursion from Livorno Port to Chianti wine area, San Gimignano and Volterra
- Shore excursion from Livorno Port to Siena, San Gimignano and Chianti wine area