Drs. Kees Kaldenbach - Private Guide in AmsterdamMember Since 2005
Rembrandt Walking and Museum Tour
Culture and History tour in Amsterdam
Tour Price : Depending on starting point. Please email me stating your group size. Duration : From 1 hour 30 mins to 3 hrs Languages: Dutch, English, German, also with a translator in Japanese and other languages
Amsterdam now had THREE Rembrandt venues:
1) The Rijksmuseum for the top works
2) The Rembrandt House where he lived and worked
3) All 330 paintings together, in full size, beautifully reproduced.
More than three centuries ago, Rembrandt painted, drew on paper and etched his lines in copper plates in Amsterdam. I have studied this artist in depth and with this tour I can give you a fast 101 class on this gifted but difficult man. Rembrandt is the founder of unique art and an inspiration to artists around the world. I offer you a unique experience though a personally guided tour of Rembrandt's heritage.
A rebel of his time, Rembrandt went against many social norms, to become one of the most gifted artists in world history today. Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum holds a notable collection of Rembrandt's work. As your Tour Guide, I am passionate about sharing my knowledge of history and personalities in Rembrandt's life.
As we journey through the streets and places where Rembrandt once walked, I will share stories and historical facts that chronicle his life of one of the greatest artist of all time.
Join me on this unique educational tour of the Rembrandt collections in the Rembrandt House, presenting paintings, etchings, furniture.
I am Fluent in Dutch, English or German, your guided tour can be from 1 hour, to 3 hours long. Remember to book early. Tour prices may vary according to number of hours, starting point and group size. Children are very welcome, by the way. I usually take groups with 2 to 10 persons. Extra cost: tram or bus tickets.
From anywhere in the city, to the Rijksmuseum, to Rembrandt's home, to the 330 full size reproductions you will gain a deeper appreciation for art. We will discuss the sesign, balance of compositions as well as color, medium, and expressive qualities.
|Tour Price: Depending on starting point. Please email me stating your group size.|
|Duration: From 1 hour 30 mins to 3 hrs|
|Languages: Dutch, English, German, also with a translator in Japanese and other languages|
|Tour package includes:|
|Airport Transfer :||NO|
|Tour Transportation (car, van, limo, boat, etc…):||NO|
|Food and Drinks :||NO|
|Other services (fees apply):|
|Attraction tickets (concerts, theater, museum, circus...) :||NO|
|Translation services :||YES|
|Reservations (hotels, restaurants, airline) :||NO|
|Visa support :||NO|
|This tour must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your travel date :||NO|
|Tour groups must include a minimum of 2 passengers :||NO|
|Tour prices are flexible and based on your requirements :||YES|
|This Tour is Kid Friendly :||YES|
- City Walk in Amsterdam
- Rembrandt Walking and Museum Tour
- Vermeer in full glory, seven masterworks in Holland
- Vincent van Gogh in Amsterdam & Otterlo
- Utrecht, its history, architecture, canals and museums
- The Hague in art and politics
- Marken, Monnickendam, Edam
- Windmills near Alkmaar (North) and Rotterdam (South)
- Alkmaar, historic town center, windmills
- Leiden, University and Museum route
- Delft, Delft Blue, Johannes Vermeer
- Architecture in Amsterdam from 1600 to 2011
- Amsterdam, Gay and Lesbian history.
- Gouda city tour, church with stained glass extravaganza
- Rotterdam, stunning harbour redevelopment
- Women of Amsterdam. from fishwives to womens lib
- United East India Company - its powerful influence