Private guides and guided tours in Switzerland
Private guides in Switzerland
Searching for that “extra something”? “Just allow yourself to be carried away and have a look around together with us!” SwissSafari does advertise with the Slogan “searching for that extra something”, because each of our tours is singularly, individual and cut to our guests personal desires. My name is Carmen Aebi and I am the owner of the tour company SwissSafari GmbH - Individual Touring. SwissSafari is specialized in customized and chauffeur-driven holidays in Switzerland and Europe.
Language: Swiss German
Currency: Swiss franc (CHF)
COMMENTS ABOUT Switzerland:
The Swiss Confederation, unofficially known as Switzerland, is a landlocked country in western Europe that shares borders with Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, France and Italy. The climate is mostly mild and temperate except for some extreme diversities such as glacial conditions on the mountaintops and warm and humid summers in southern regions.
Switzerland is well known for being a neutral country, and is also the country responsible for creating the Red Cross. The famous St. Bernard rescue dogs are an Alpine treasure, and Switzerland is also quite proud of its most famous literary creation, Heidi, by Johanna Spyri. The tallest dams in Europe are found in the Swiss Alps, such as the Grande Dixen Dam in Heremence, which is 285 meters high.
The majority of tourism in Switzerland is related to skiing and other winter sports. Snowboarding is also popular, and the bobsleigh was invented here. Some of the most popular ski resorts are near the glaciers of Saas Fee, in Moleson, Charmey, and Verzasca, which is also famous for the 007 Golden Eye Bungee Jump.
Hiking along Jacob’s Trail or on the Swiss Path is popular with outdoor enthusiasts, and the nature labyrinth in Valais is an adventure itself. There’s an incredible open air museum at Ballenberg, and the the adventure of walking across the spectacular Trift Bridge is an experience not to miss.
Popular tours in Switzerland
- Brissago Islands - Lake Maggiore in the south, Zurich
- Hiking in Zermatt with views to the mighty Matterhorn, Zurich
- Boat cruise on Lake Thun - Alps, Zurich
- Old Town of Bern - Unesco World Heritage - Central Switzerland, Zurich
- Lauterbrunnen valley - Alps, Zurich
- Street painter - Ascona / Southern part of Switzerland, Zurich
- Jungfrau Joch - Top of Europe - Alps, Zurich
- Small village in the eastern part of Switzerland, Zurich
- View from Grand Hotel Giessbach over Lake Brienz - Alps, Zurich
- Lavaux wine region / western part of Switzerland, Zurich