Michael Fox - Private Guide in DublinMember Since 2014
Boyne Valley Tour
Private tour in Dublin
Tour Price : €400 Duration : 8 hours Languages: English
Private tour of the Boyne Valley, Ireland
• Pick up from your accommodation or cruise ship at Dublin port.
• Brú na Bóinne Visitors Centre and Newgrange.
• Monasterboice - Round tower and 10th century high crosses.
• Hill of Tara – Seat of the Hill Kings of Ireland.
• Bective Abbey - Cistercian Abbey founded in 1150.
• Trim Castle (grounds) - the largest Anglo-Norman castle in Ireland.
• Return to your accommodation or cruise ship at Dublin port.
Tours are private and personalized so the route can be changed to suit your preferences in advance or on the day. Duration usually 8 to 9 hours, can be shortened if you have time constraints. The highlight of the tour is the Stone Age Passage Tomb at Newgrange. It was built about 3200 BC during the Neolithic period, which makes it older than Stonehenge and the Egyptian pyramids. Newgrange is a large circular mound with a stone passageway and chambers inside. The mound is ringed by 'kerbstones' engraved with artwork. Archaeologists classified Newgrange as a passage tomb, however Newgrange is now recognised to be much more than a passage tomb. Ancient Temple is a more fitting classification, a place of astrological, spiritual, religious and ceremonial importance.
|Tour Price: €400|
|Duration: 8 hours|
|Group Size: 1-3 tourists|
|Tour package includes:|
|Airport Transfer :||YES|
|Tour Transportation (car, van, limo, boat, etc…):||YES|
|Food and Drinks :||NO|
|Other services (fees apply):|
|Attraction tickets (concerts, theater, museum, circus...) :||YES|
|Translation services :||NO|
|Reservations (hotels, restaurants, airline) :||NO|
|Visa support :||NO|
|This tour must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your travel date :||NO|
|Tour groups must include a minimum of 2 passengers :||NO|
|Tour prices are flexible and based on your requirements :||NO|
|This Tour is Kid Friendly :||YES|