Across Poland in 2 weeks
Private tour in Gdansk, Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, Torun, Malbork
Tour Price : €3875-5750
Duration : 14 days
Languages: English, French, German, Russian
This private tour lasts for more than two weeks and by its end you will have numerous impressions about the unique Polish history and culture. During these days you will visit some of the most remarkable places in Poland, its famous tourist attractions and places of interest.
We will start from a little private tour in Gdansk, the so-called capital of amber. It is no secret that Gdansk has countless deposits of amber and there are numerous shops of jewelry with amber in the city. We will focus our attention on the old part of the city, where you will find the medieval Crane, which is also the symbol of the city, famous Long Market Place – a real hot spot in Gdansk for any tourist, Prison Tower, Golden Gate, Green Gate, and finally Mariachka Lane, which is famous for its numerous cafes, terraces and of course amber shops.
On the second day we will move to the natural beauties of Poland – the Kashubian Lake District. It is a wonderful place that any private guide in Poland would recommend you to visit. Besides its breathless views it is also famous for its local pottery, ethnographic souvenirs, chapel, and the Siberian House. Afterwards we will proceed to another Polish tourist attraction – famous Oliwa cathedral which is widely known for its ancient organ.
- Day 1
- Arrival to Gdansk - walking tour in the Old Town: medieval Crane, Long Market Square with Neptun's Fountain, Green Gate, Golden Gate, Prison Tower, impresive St. Mary's Church, lovely Mariacka lane with its terraces and amber shops. Overnight in Gdansk.
- Day 2
- A day trip to Kashubian Lakes District - drive a scenic lakes route, visit a local pottery, Kashubian Center with "House up side down", the longest board in the world, Sybirian House, chapel, etnographic souvenirs. Lunch break in nice scenery Afternoon - Oliwa cathedral with the biggest XVIIIc organ in Poland - short organ concert, then a glance to the beach of Baltic resort Sopot. Overnight in Gdansk.
- Day 3
- Trip to Malbork - visit Teutonic Knights Castle / Grand Master Palace, amber collection, medieval bathroom and kitchen. Afternoon at leisure in Gdansk, overnight.
- Day 4
- Morning departure for Warsaw. En route visit Torun - home city of Nicolaus Copernicus, charming old town famous also for ginger bread - time to taste and continue to Warsaw , overnight.
- Day 5
- Full day city tour of Warsaw: Lazienki Park with Chopin's Monument, Palace on the Water, Ghetto Memorial, Kings Road with Presidential Palace, Old Town with Barbican and city walls, Royal Castle. Overnight in Warsaw.
- Day 6
- Morning departure for Zamosc. En route - Kazimierz Dolny delightful town on the bank of Vistula, a popular haunt with actors and painters - enjoy a relaxing walk to the ruined castle with watchtower. Continue to Lublin - visit a small Old Town with a castle, Town Hall, Gothic Dominican Church. Continue to Zamosc - lovely Renaissance town designed by Italian architect - relatively unchanged since XVII c. Overnight in Zamosc.
- Day 7
- On the way to Rzeszow - stop in Jaroslaw - visit a Market Square with Town Hall, continue to Lancut - visit the Baroque Potocki Castle with Chinese and Turkish apartments, collection of carriages. Next - visit Rzeszow Old Town area and its New Synagogue, Lubomirski Palace. Overnight.
- Day 8
- Morning departure for Zakopane, go south to see wooden churches of XV c. with paintings in Blizne and Haczow, continue scenic route of Karpaty Mountains folerand towards Nowy Sacz - visit etnographic park , then peaceful Stary Sacz. Continue to Pieniny National Park for rafting down Dunajec River through Dunajec Gorge on Highlanders' rafts to admire beautiful 3 Crowns. Arrival to Zakopane - resort of Tatra - time to indulge into atmosphere of shopping street, britzka ride / optional /. Overnight in Zakopane.
- Day 9
- Touring day we start seeing the wooden chapel in Zakopane - one of the finest creations of Witkiewicz - who developed the distinctive "Zakopane" style. Next to wooden village Chocholow - see local houses made of tree trunks. Continue to Krakow. En route - Wadowice with Pope's House museum /optional /. Arrive to Krakow - introduce walking tour in the Old Town - Cloth Hall, St. Mary's Church, University, Barbican . Overnight .
- Day 10
- Krakow - Wawel Royal Castle and cathedral, afternoon - Wieliczka Salt Mine. Overnight in Krakow .
- Day 11
- Krakow - jewish district - Kazimierz with Old and Isaac's synagogues, Polanski's ghetto. Afternoon - depature to Auschwitz - the largest Nazi death factory, the biggest place of Holocaust. Continue to Czestochowa - spiritual capital of Poland, visit Jasna Gora Monastery with the marvellous icon of the Black Madonna - the most famous worshipping place of the country. Overnight in Czestochowa.
- Day 12
- Morning departure for Wroclaw - nice city of 120 bridges on Odra river . See Old Town with Gothic Town Hall, Baroque University with splendid Aula Leopoldina, next see another wonder - Panorama Raclawicka - huge panoramic picture from Kosciuszko Uprising in 1794. Overnight in Wroclaw.
- Day 13
- Day trip to Swidnica - XVII c. Ewangelic Peace Church, Krzeszow - Cistersian's Monastery of XVII c., drive scenic route along the Karkonosze Mountains, stop in Jelenia Gora - see the Market Square with arkaded houses. Overnight in Wroclaw .
- Day 14
- Morning departure for Warsaw. En route visit Rogalin Palace and Park - the greatest number of ancient oak trees, formely Raczynski family Palace - museum with collection of XVIII c. clocks, furniture, tapestry. Next we go to Poznan - Old Town with Renaissance Town Hall on the Market Square, and Ostrow Tumski Cathedral - the headquarters of the first missionary bishop in Poland. In the afternoon you will see fine colection of beehives in Swarzedz which range from simple hollow trunks to even copy of Poznan town hall. Last overnight in Warsaw .
- Day 15
- In the morning - at leisure, then transfer to the Warsaw airport for departure.
This program you can adjust to your desires. Please inquire for your individual program and pricing. Touring is flexible.
Tour price include :
- accommodation / B&B/
- private airport transfers
- private transportation with comfortable car or van
- experienced , knowlegeable tour guide services
- entry fees
Tour price does not include :
- travel to and from Poland / flights /
- lunch and dinners
- all beverages
- all extras in the hotels .
|Tour Price: €3875-5750|
|Duration: 14 days|
|Group Size: 1-8 tourists|
|Languages: English, French, German, Russian|
|Tour package includes:|
|Airport Transfer :||YES|
|Tour Transportation (car, van, limo, boat, etc…):||YES|
|Food and Drinks :||NO|
|Other services (fees apply):|
|Attraction tickets (concerts, theater, museum, circus...) :||YES|
|Translation services :||YES|
|Reservations (hotels, restaurants, airline) :||YES|
|Visa support :||NO|
|This tour must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your travel date :||YES|
|Tour groups must include a minimum of 2 passengers :||NO|
|Tour prices are flexible and based on your requirements :||YES|
|This Tour is Kid Friendly :||YES|