Liviu Florea - Private Guide in ConstantaMember Since 2014
Romania Magic Tour - 7 day
Private tour in Bucharest, Sibiu, Hunedoara, Alba Iulia, Sighisoara, Brasov, Bran, Sinaia, Bucharest
Tour Price : €535-775 Duration : 7 days Languages: english fluent , french basic Discount: 5% if you book in advance ( minimum 30 days )
BEST OF ROMANIA IN JUST ONE WEEK !
This 7 day tour takes you to some of the Romania`s most exciting locations . Tour start / end in Bucharest ( optional we could design the tour according your needs ) and you will discover Romania , a unique travel experience , the new and old , visions of picturesque villages , folklore and crafts , monasteries , unspoiled countryside and amazing mountains landscapes !
Tour Highlights :
- Bucharest the country capital : old town , city tour by car , Palace of Parliament
- Medieval cities of Transylvania : Brasov, Sibiu, Sighisoara , Alba Iulia .
- Most important Castles , Church & Monasteries : Peles Castle, Bran Castle , Corvin Castle , Sinaia Monastery , Curtea de Arges Monastery , Biertan church .
- Best preserved fortress in Romania : The citadel Alba Carolina - Unique experiences: accommodation in a family's house in Sibiel, to experience Romanian hospitality and serve a tasty traditionally dinner with home made food .
Tour Duration : 7 Days / 6 Nights
Maximum Number of People : 7
Tour Type: Transport Based
Tour Price: Price Per Person : 1 pers : 775 € ; 2 pers : 595 € / pers ; 3 - 4 pers : 565 € / pers ; 5 - 7 pers 535 € / pers
Tour itinerary :
Day 1- Arrival in ROMANIA , Bucharest international airport .
Meet and greet by your english tour guide at airport and transfer to your Bucharest hotel . Depending arrival time : - afternoon at leisure or Bucharest City Tour by car ( through the city center and key touristic objectivs and provides images of some of the most beautiful places of Bucharest : Revolution Square, Parliament Palace, Village Museum, Opera House, the Athenaeum, Arch of Triumph, Kiselleff Boulevard and more ) + walking tour in the old city center . Excursion in Bucharest. Overnight in Bucharest , 3* hotel .
Day 2 : Bucharest ( 09.00) – Curtea de Arges - Sibiel ( 320 km )
07.30 – 08.30 breakfast . Following breakfast meeting at front of hotel and go to visit the impresive romanian Parliament Palace than start drive to our second stop of the day : Curtea de Arges , former capital of Wallachia. Visit Curtea de Arges Monastery, an architectural masterpiece unique in Romania .The monastery is known through the legend of the Craftsman Manole.. Next , driving to Sibiu . And we have two option ( available only in the summer from 01. 07. 2015 to 01 .10 . 2015 ) :
- A : drive along the Olt River Canyon crossing the mountains into Transylvania , make a short stop to the 14th century Cozia Monastery built by Prince Mircea the Old . This is normal and easiest route avaible all year , National Road 7 .
- B : drive along the Arges River valley and after mounting to the highest point, it descends to Cartisoara in the Olt valley, where the road ends (90 km - 56 miles). We stop to see Poienari Castle ( the real Castle of Vlad the Impaler / Vlad Dracul ) , Vidraru Dam , Vidraru Lake. , Balea Lake - one of the most beautiful glacial lake in Romania , . TRANSFAGARASAN - runs trough the Fagaras mountains , trans + Fagaras gives the name - or national road 7c , connects Muntenia with Transylvania ( one of world's best road trip according to Top Gear ) and rises to a height of 2134 meter . Because of the countless turns, the average speed is maximum 40 km per hour. Along this route there are 27 viaducts and bridges, and the longest road tunnel in Romania . The landscape is fantastic, and the differences of altitude and the curves represent a challenge for both cars and drivers. Don't forget your camera to capture the spectacular views ! Please note : The road is closed from October till June due to the snow that is blocking the road .Visit Poenari Castle includes stair climbing ( around 1480 ) .In the evening, we will arrive in Sibiel, a picturesque village situated at 18 km away from Sibiu . Dinner and accommodation in a family's house in Sibiel ( experience Romanian hospitality and serve a tasty traditionally dinner with home made food , wine and and plum brandy included ) . Dinner and overnight in Sibiel .
Day 3 – ( apprs. 265 km ) Sibiel ( 09.00 ) – ( 10.15 ) Alba Iulia - (14.30 ) Hunedoara ( 16.00 ) – ( 18.00 ) Sibiu
07.30 – 08.30 breakfast . At 8.45 meeting at front of hotel and drive to Alba Iulia to explore toghether a leisurely walking tour of the Alba Carolina citadel . The tourist routes of Alba Carolina Citadel gather on their way the main historical sites and monuments : The Route of the Three Fortifications , including historical elements from three different periods, The Route of Nation’s Heroes, The North Route, The Route of the Citadel Gates. After lunch at one of the restaurants near by , drive to Hunedoara to visit The Corvin Castle, also known as Hunyad Castle, is one of the most impressive medieval constructions in Romania , many say that it is even more amazing than the famous Bran Castle. Than drive back to Sibiu and start with a leisurely walking tour of wold city center , view the old surrounding defense walls and the remaining towers each belonging to a certain guild .The Big Square, the Small Square, the Ursuline Church, The Franciscan Church, The staircase Tower, the Tanners Tower, the Liers' Bridge, the House of the Butcher's Guild and Bruckenthal Museum - oldest art museum in the country -are the most important sights . Dinner and overnight in Sibiu .
Day 4 – ( apprs. 255 km ) ( 09.00 ) Sibiu – ( 11.00 ) Sighisoara - (17.00 ) Biertan – ( 19.00 ) Sibiu
07.30 – 08.30 breakfast . At 8.45 meeting at front of hotel and start drive to Sighisoara , one of the few inhabited fortified towns in the world. It is the best-preserved and continuously inhabited medieval city of Europe. Sighisoara is one of the greatest medieval cities left in the world, with a walled citadel on the hilltop, secret gateways and passages, a 14th century Clock Tower and also the birthplace of Prince Vlad Tepes (Dracula). Tour with private guide in Bucharest. Explore toghether a leisurely walking tour of the sights of old medieval town :The Clock Tower & History Museum, The Church on the Hill,House of Dracula, The pupils roofed stairways, German cemetery . After lunch at one of the restaurants near by , drive to Biertan , to a must see in Transylvania : Biertan Fortified Church , one of the better Fortified Churches in Transylvania and one of the UNESCO world Heritage listed "Fortified Churches of Transylvania". A magnificent church which was the seat of the Bishop in Transylvania. for almost 300 years. It has particularly interesting features including the Door to the Treasury, and the Matrimonal Prison . Dinner and overnight in Sibiu .
Day 5 – ( apprs. 210 km ) ( 09.30 ) Sibiu (12.30 ) – ( 15.30 ) Bran – ( 18.30 ) Brasov
07.30 – 08.30 breakfast . At 8.45 meeting at front of hotel and start drive to Sibiu and visit the open -air museum of Astra , also know as the Museum of Traditional Folk Civilizations (largest open air museum of Romania) by walking or in horse carriage ( optional ) .
Than we drive to Brasov county and visit the Bran Castle. Departing to Brasov , pasing Poiana Brasov , the most important winter resort of Romania to Brasov . After hotel check-in , we start with a leisurely walking tour in the historical center of Brasov (formerly Kronstadt) including the Black Church, the largest gothic structure between Vienna and Istanbul , admiring its great collection of oriental carpets , Council Square, Black Church, Citadel of Brasov, Ecaterina's Gate, White Tower, Black Tower.... Dinner and overnight in Brasov.
Day 6 – ( apprs. 60 km ) ( 09.00 ) Brasov – ( 10.30 ) Sinaia – Busteni ( optional )
07.30 – 08.30 breakfast . At 8.30 meeting at front of hotel and drive to Sinaia and visit the Peles castle , Sinaia Monastery and Sinaia city park . Farewell dinner and overnight in Sinaia - Prahova Valley area .
Day 7 – ( apprs. 120 km ) Sinaia - Bucharest ( Otopeni ) .
Transfer to Bucharest according to schedule .
Transport by car / minibus ( AC )
Airport or train station transfer (round trip) . Optional starting / ending point from Bulgaria : Varna airport or Black Sea Bulgarian Coast hotel ( + 25 € / person ) .
Accommodation in a DBL : 3* hotel in Bucharest , Sibiu , Brasov , Sinaia and in family's guest house in Sibiel , breakfast included .
LICENSED tour guide / driver
- fees for touristic attraction
- photo / video fees inside touristic attraction
- coffee / refreshments / drinks ( except at Sibiel )
- lunch , dinner ( Traditionally dinner at family`s house in SIBIEL , Farewell dinner )
- incidentals and personal expenses
Please note : tour involves long driving , including mountains roads .
For more details or special requests , please send e-mail .
|Tour Price: €535-775|
|Duration: 7 days|
|Group Size: 1-7 tourists|
|Languages: english fluent , french basic|
|Tour package includes:|
|Airport Transfer :||YES|
|Tour Transportation (car, van, limo, boat, etc…):||YES|
|Food and Drinks :||YES|
|Other services (fees apply):|
|Attraction tickets (concerts, theater, museum, circus...) :||YES|
|Translation services :||YES|
|Reservations (hotels, restaurants, airline) :||YES|
|Visa support :||YES|
|This tour must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your travel date :||YES|
|Tour groups must include a minimum of 2 passengers :||NO|
|Tour prices are flexible and based on your requirements :||YES|