Giedrius - Private Guide in VilniusMember Since 2006
Tour To National Park Of The Curronian Spit
Excursion in Nida
Tour Price : 200euro Duration : 9 hours Languages: English, German
Curonian Spit National Park was established on April 23rd, 1991 by the Act of the Supreme Council of the Republic of Lithuania "to preserve the most valuable complex of Lithuanian seaside with its unique landscape and the dune ridge, natural and ethno cultural heritage, for sustainable use and its care".
You'll find here wonderful Juodkrante, Nida, Smiltyne, Pervalka and Preila resort towns.
With our tour you can see:
- The Nida lighthouse, erected on the forested Urbas Hill in 1874
- Sites of Narva Culture settlements from Early Neolithic
- Sites of Rope Ceramics Culture settlements from Late Neolithic
- Sites of Early Bronze Age settlements
- Sites of old Nida settlement and its cemetery (from the 14th until the 18th century), which were buried by sand.
- Valley of Death
- The Site of Gliding School. The Lithuanian Gliding School existed there between 1933 and 1939. Between 1939 and 1943 it had been used as a school by German military air force.
- Nida Foresters' Cemetery
- The Old Nida Cemetery
- The house of Nida's artist-photographer P. Isenfeld. In the period between World War I and World War II, P. Isenfeld published many postcards, which represented nature, landscapes and daily life of the Curonian Spit.
- The summerhouse of Nobel price laureate, writer T. Mann. The house was built by architect H. Reimann. The writer spent three summers in it (1930-1932). Today the Thomas Mann Culture Center and the memorial exposition are located in this house.
- Evangelic Lutheran Church
- Old building - former warehouse
|Tour Price: 200euro|
|Duration: 9 hours|
|Languages: English, German|
|Tour package includes:|
|Airport Transfer :||NO|
|Tour Transportation (car, van, limo, boat, etc…):||NO|
|Food and Drinks :||NO|
|Other services (fees apply):|
|Attraction tickets (concerts, theater, museum, circus...) :||NO|
|Translation services :||NO|
|Reservations (hotels, restaurants, airline) :||NO|
|Visa support :||NO|
|This tour must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your travel date :||NO|
|Tour groups must include a minimum of 2 passengers :||NO|
|Tour prices are flexible and based on your requirements :||NO|
Lithuanian ancestry and family genealogy search tour