Giedrius - Private Guide in VilniusMember Since 2006
Vilnius Oldtown tour
Excursion in Vilnius
Tour Price : 20 euro for 1 person Duration : 3 hours Languages: English, German
The Old Town, historical centre of Vilnius, is one of the largest in eastern Europe (360 ha). The most valuable historic and cultural heritage is concentrated here. The buildings in the old town - there are about 1.5 thousand of them. Were built in a number of different centuries, therefore, it is a mixture of all European architectural styles.
The capital of the Republic of Lithuania is Vilnus. Naturally, it is the largest city in the country: according to the data of 2001 the opulation of Vilnius is 542,287. Of them 57,8% are Lithuanians, 18.7% oles, 14% Russians, 4% Byelorussians, 0.5% Jews and the remaining 5% comprising some other nationalities.
Although Vilnius is often called a baroque city, here you will find some buildings of gothic, renaissance and other styles. The main sights of the city are the Gediminas Castle and the Cathedral Square, symbols of the capital. Their combination is also a gateway to the historic center of the capital. Because of its uniqueness, the Old Town of Vilnius was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
With our tour you can visit:
- The Cathedral. Vilnius Cathedral is Lithuania's spiritual and political center. It is thought that in pagan times this was the location of an altar, an eternal fire, or even a temple to Perkūnas. King Mindaugas built the original cathedral in 1251 after his conversion to Christianity. We'll see the most beautiful part of the Cathedral, the baroque chapel of St. Casimir
- Vilnius University. The University of Vilnius, one of the oldest and most famous establishments of higher education in Eastern and Central Europe, was founded in 1579
- Gate of Dawn. The Gates of Dawn are one of the symbols of the city of Vilnius. These gates are a famous Catholic shrine not only in the whole of Lithuania but also abroad.
- Town Hall square. The Town Hall Square is, of course, the traditional center of trade and events in the city.
- The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul
- Amber gallery
- St Anne's and Bernadine's Churches
- And many other amazing sights of Vilnius!
|Tour Price: 20 euro for 1 person|
|Duration: 3 hours|
|Languages: English, German|
|Tour package includes:|
|Airport Transfer :||NO|
|Tour Transportation (car, van, limo, boat, etc…):||NO|
|Food and Drinks :||NO|
|Other services (fees apply):|
|Attraction tickets (concerts, theater, museum, circus...) :||NO|
|Translation services :||NO|
|Reservations (hotels, restaurants, airline) :||NO|
|Visa support :||NO|
|This tour must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your travel date :||NO|
|Tour groups must include a minimum of 2 passengers :||YES|
|Tour prices are flexible and based on your requirements :||NO|
Lithuanian ancestry and family genealogy search tour