Giedrius - Private Guide in VilniusMember Since 2006
Tour To Kaunas
Excursion in Kaunas
Tour Price : 100 euro Duration : 5 hours Languages: English, German
Kaunas with nearly 400 thousand inhabitants is one of the most significant cities of Lithania. It is not only a city of old traditions, but also a large center of business and industry. It can also lay claim to be a city of young people with over 35,000 students studying at one of the seven universities here.
Kaunas was always fated to become an important historical and cultural city in Lithuania. In 1408, Magdeburg rights were granted to the city of Kaunas by the privilege of Vytautas the Great. During the early 20th century, governed by its first Burgomaster Jonas Vileisis, Kaunas was the home of the Lithuanian Government and the capital city; a period considered by many as the golden age of the city. However, history tells us that even before this date, the city, situated at the confluence of the rivers Neris and Nemunas, experienced many other periods of great prosperity and national importance.
Hundreds of years of cultural heritage is preserved in the historical and architectural monuments, museums, theatres, art galleries and churches of Kaunas. In Kaunas we are proud of the importance that our people have played in contributing towards making the rich cultural, historical, and academic tapestry that is Lithuania.
Tour to Kaunas includes:
- The Jesuit Church (the Church of St Fransis). The first baroque church was constructed on this place in 1666.
- The Cathedral (15- 17th centuries). Originally the cathedral was built in the gothic style, but after the total reconstruction in the 17th century its architecture acquired some baroque and renaissance elements.
- Castle ruins. The fortification was constructed in the 13th century to repulse the numerous attacks of crusaders.
- The church of Vytautas (Vytautas' the Great Church). Built in 1399 by Minorities, the church is considered to be the oldest brick building in the town.
- The Perkunas House. It is one of the biggest gothic buildings in Lithuania. Perkunas is a pagan thunder god in Lithuanian mythology
- St George's Church
- The Theological seminary
- Pazaislis Monastery of XVIII century
|Tour Price: 100 euro|
|Duration: 5 hours|
|Languages: English, German|
|Tour package includes:|
|Airport Transfer :||NO|
|Tour Transportation (car, van, limo, boat, etc…):||NO|
|Food and Drinks :||NO|
|Other services (fees apply):|
|Attraction tickets (concerts, theater, museum, circus...) :||NO|
|Translation services :||NO|
|Reservations (hotels, restaurants, airline) :||NO|
|Visa support :||NO|
|This tour must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your travel date :||NO|
|Tour groups must include a minimum of 2 passengers :||NO|
|Tour prices are flexible and based on your requirements :||NO|
Lithuanian ancestry and family genealogy search tour