The best of Baltics in one week
Private tour in Vilnius
Vilnius – Trakai - Kaunas - Klaipeda – Nida - Siauliai – Rundale – Riga - Tallinn
1 Day, Sunday: Vilnius, Arrival in Vilnius, transfer to Hotel, Welcome meeting, dinner and presentation of the travel programme. Accomodation in Vilnius.
2. Day, Monday: Vilnius - Trakai - Kaunas. Breakfast in the hotel, city tour in Vilnius, the city of hundred churches, walk in the old town, which belongs to the list of World‘s cultural heritage of UNESCO: Cathedral, Gediminas tower, Vilnius University, gate of the Dawn with a miraculous icon of Virgin Mary.
Optional: trip to the geographical center of Europe and the Europe park (a sculpture park near Vilnius) or visit in the KGB museum. On the way to Kaunas visit of the picturesque water castle of Trakai. In May until September an optional trip with a yacht or with a ship is possible. Dinner and accomodation in Kaunas.
3. Day, Tuesday: Kaunas - Nida - Klaipeda. City tour in the second largest city of Lituania. Devils museum. Departure for Nida. Transfer by ferry to the Kuronian Spit, visit of the Thomas Mann house in Nida, walk to the high sand dunes and the hill of witches. Accomodation in Klaipeda, the Lithuanian sea-port.
4. Day, Wednesday: Klaipeda -Siauliai - Riga. After the breakfast short excursion in Klaipeda, walk in the old town. Tour with private guide in Vilnius. (from May to September optional visit in the sea museum with hundreds of fishes and dolphin show is possible). Leaving for Riga. In the vicinity of Šiauliai visit of the famous hill of the crosses. Excursion in the spectacular palace of Rundale in Latvia, built in 18th century. Dinner and accomodation in Riga.
5. Day, Thursday: Riga. Breakfast, city tour in the Latvian capital city of Riga: cathedral, castle, church of St.Peter - one of the most beautiful and most important gothic churches in the Baltics,
Alberta street with houses in art nouveau style. In the afternoon free time.
Optionaly: Trip to sea-resort city of Jurmala, visit in the modern aquapark Livu. Accomodation in Riga.
6. Day, Friday: Riga - Tallinn. After the breakfast transfer to Tallinn. City tour in Tallinn, walk in the medieval old town of the Estonian capital city: the Toompea castle, city hall of Tallinn, Olaf‘s church, old Guild houses, the park in Kadriorg, settled by order of czar Peter the Great, cathedral hill with nicely restored old buildings, ruin of the former Brigitte monastery, labyrinth of the narrow streets of cobblestone. Dinner and accomodation in Tallinn.
7. Day, Saturday: Tallinn. After the breakfast free time in Tallinn. Transfer to the airport and return flight.
- comfortable mini bus or car
- road taxes and fees
- 6 nights accomodation in selected 3* - 4* hotels (in the city center) with breakfast
- rooms with bath or shower and WC.
- transfer airport - hotel and hotel - airport.
- 4 dinners in typical national restaurants. (on request we can offer all 6 dinners and all lunches; Dinner in the hotel restaurant is possible). Excursion in Vilnius.
- constant English, German, Russian, French or Spanish speaking guide services
- entrances and fees in accordance with programme.
- Entrances into as optional designated objects of interest are not includet.
- Flight price is not included. We would reserve however the flight tickets for you gladly by request.
- Reservations for additional overnight accomodation before and after the journey possible.
- In each Baltic capital several historical museums and art exhibitions can be visited. I can send further information by request.
- In all evenings there are naturally possibilities of experiencing the night-life of the visited cities.
- An alternative route with arrival in Lithuanian sea-port of Klaipėda with a ferry and departure from Tallinn sea-port is possible. By request I can send gladly an offer of such tour.
|Tour package includes:|
|Airport Transfer :||NO|
|Tour Transportation (car, van, limo, boat, etc ):||NO|
|Food and Drinks :||NO|
|Other services (fees apply):|
|Attraction tickets (concerts, theater, museum, circus...) :||NO|
|Translation services :||NO|
|Reservations (hotels, restaurants, airline) :||NO|
|Visa support :||NO|
|This tour must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your travel date :||NO|
|Tour groups must include a minimum of 2 passengers :||NO|
|Tour prices are flexible and based on your requirements :||NO|